Pioneering the field of blockchain infrastructure, Blockdaemon has consistently led the way. Over the years, we have established the robust foundations upon which numerous successful Web 3.0 projects have taken flight.
Blockdaemon envisions a multi-chain landscape, rooted in the foundations we've established. We foresee a future where every company adopts on-chain strategy, and we're committed to leading the way towards a decentralized web.
We are on the lookout for a talented Blockchain Engineer to join forces with us in developing the next generation of Blockdaemon secure cross-chain services. As a key member of the Innovation team, this role drives global standards, makes valuable contributions to open-source initiatives, and develops institutional-grade liquid staking solutions, as well as exposure to essential components (relays, provers, sequencers) for facilitating secure and seamless cross-chain communication.
In this role, you'll join forces with a seasoned technical team of senior engineers, all dedicated to bridging the world with blockchain technology. Together, you'll create state-of-the-art smart contracts and high-performance services, shaping the future of the industry. You'll engineer and construct scalable, secure, and dependable software that leverages smart contracts and the latest on-chain innovations. This position offers the opportunity to delve into and master cutting-edge research in distributed systems, cryptography, blockchains, consensus algorithms, cross-chain messaging, and decentralized applications, expanding your expertise in the field.
This role is given a high level of autonomy/ownership over projects, the opportunity to expand knowledge, and the chance to help build the infrastructure of the future, that will bring the next 1 Billion people on-chain.
● Your thirst for learning never ceases, you aspire to become an expert in cutting-edge technologies such as DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, Multi-Chain Web 3.0, continuously pushing the boundaries of your knowledge.
● You thrive in an ever-changing environment, as the rapidly evolving crypto landscape means your priorities must shift accordingly. The prospect of working on different projects from one month to the next invigorates you. You're not in search of a mundane job; you crave excitement and dynamic challenges.
● You get excited about designing & implementing new product features such as Institutional DeFi, Advanced Wallet Technology, Cross-Chain Messaging systems, and constantly want to build on the frontiers of blockchain innovation
What you’ll be doing
● Implement resilient distributed systems to achieve extremely high reliability in a variety of blockchain environments
● Employ creative thinking to identify & fix potential attack vectors, anticipate failures, and envision disaster scenarios.
● Produce high-quality, well-tested code tailored to the specific requirements of your customers, ensuring exceptional performance
● Comfortable designing and developing blockchain-related microservices and APIs.
● Work with the team and partners to meet specification needs in line with business objectives.
● Improve Blockdaemon's product and ensure successful delivery to our customers.
● 5+ years of full stack software engineering
● Proficient with at least one programming language. Ideally Golang or similar language.
● Proficient with Solidity, Ethereum smart contracts & on-chain methodologies.
● Familiar with cloud infrastructure technology (AWS, GCE, Azure, etc).
● Experience with additional blockchains (other than Ethereum) is a huge plus!
● Experience developing complex web applications/services and backend APIs
● Strong communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
● Self-motivated and detail oriented while producing high-quality and accurate work in a startup environment
● Ability to work independently debugging problems across the full stack.
● Provable experience with a production Smart Contract Development
● Developed DeFi smart contracts
● Blockchain open-source contributions
● Experience developing, deploying and maintaining blockchain nodes
● Knowledge of cryptocurrency /token-economics
● B.S. or higher in computer science, software engineering or related technical field
At Blockdaemon, we’re committed to the key values of product excellence, integrity, and openness. We practice complete ownership and focus on product excellence, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We embrace open dialogue and honest feedback to arrive at a complete picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
US salary range: $150,000 - $250,000
We Know Nodes.
Blockdaemon is the leading blockchain node infrastructure platform. Supporting 30+ protocols, 70 out-of-the-box node types, and monitoring plug-ins for cloud and on-premises services, Blockdaemon is used by exchanges, custodians, enterprises, financial institutions and 10k+ developers to connect commercial stakeholders to blockchains. Blockdaemon's mission is to simplify the process of deploying nodes and creating scalable enterprise blockchain solutions via APIs, BYOI, auto- decentralization and auto-healing of nodes.
We are rapidly growing our fully remote, decentralized team. We are made up of dedicated and passionate individuals who want to make an impact in this dynamic and emerging industry. We offer competitive salaries as well as employer contributions to health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances. At Blockdaemon, we understand that “life happens” and offer a flexible PTO policy and encourage employees to take time off when they need it.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We believe wholeheartedly that building a diverse company is critical to Blockdaemon’s success. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.